New First Floor - Now Open!
The new first floor at Central Library is now open! Come see our new, spacious first floor, with entry right from Salina Street, under the big library sign.
Robert P. Kinchen Central Library
Driving Directions [PDF]
Using a GPS?
Use the address: 447 South Salina Street, Syracuse, NY and coordinates N43° 2.7734', W076° 9.1157'
Parking Information [PDF]
Map of Downtown Syracuse [PDF]
Newsletter & Social Media
Central Newsletter [PDF]
All numbers are area code (315).
Telephone Information: 435-1900
Hours Recording: 435-1902
Library Cards/Renewals: 435-1904
Renewal By Phone: 435-1430
Adult Literacy/ESL Information: 435-1835
Services for People w/Disabilities: 435-1876
Monday: 8:30 AM - 4:55 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 7:25 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 7:25 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 4:55 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 4:55 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 4:55 PM
Same as hours listed above
See News & Events for holiday closings at the Central Library and city libraries.
GRACE DAYS: 1, except for short loans
SPECIAL COLLECTIONS & SERVICES
PLAN OF SERVICE
- 2012-2016 Plan of Service, Complete [pdf]
- 2012-2016 Plan of Service, Element 11 - Central Library Services [pdf]
WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS POLICY
FAQs and Wireless Internet Access Policy [pdf]
Assembly District No. 128: Samuel D. Roberts
Assembly District No. 129: William B. Magnarelli
Senate District No. 53: David J. Valesky
First Floor - Ground Level
- The entrance to the library is located on the Salina Street, under the big library sign.
- New popular books, feature film videos and DVDs, audiobooks, CDs, magazines
- Central Library MediaBox
- Computers & Internet access is available
- Checkout and library card registration
Second Floor: Closed: Under construction
Third Floor :
- Local History/Genealogy is a respected research center with extensive collections on genealogy and local and state history.
Last updated: May 24, 2016