The 3rd Floor is Currently Closed for Construction.
Robert P. Kinchen Central Library
Driving Directions [PDF]
Using a GPS?
Use the address: 447 South Salina Street, Syracuse, NY and coordinates N43° 2.7734', W076° 9.1157'
Parking Information [PDF]
Map of Downtown Syracuse [PDF]
Newsletter & Social Media
Central Newsletter [PDF]
All numbers are area code (315).
Telephone Information: 435-1900
Telephone Information Hours:
Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Saturday, 9:00 AM -3:00 PM
Hours Recording: 435-1902
Library Cards/Renewals: 435-1904
Renewal By Phone: 435-1430
Adult Literacy/ESL Information: 435-1835
Services for People w/Disabilities: 435-1876
Browse About, Lobby Level
Monday: 8:30 AM - 4:55 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 7:25 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 7:25 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 4:55 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 4:55 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 4:55 PM
All Upper Floors
Monday: 9:00 AM - 4:50 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 7:20 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 7:20 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 4:50 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:50 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 4:50 PM
Same as hours listed above
See News & Events for holiday closings at the Central Library and city libraries.
GRACE DAYS: 1, except for short loans
SPECIAL COLLECTIONS & SERVICES
PLAN OF SERVICE
- 2012-2016 Plan of Service, Complete [pdf]
- 2012-2016 Plan of Service, Element 11 - Central Library Services [pdf]
WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS POLICY
FAQs and Wireless Internet Access Policy [pdf]
Assembly District No. 128: Samuel D. Roberts
Assembly District No. 129: William B. Magnarelli
Senate District No. 53: David J. Valesky
Ground Level [Curtin Auditorium - Special Events Only]:
- From the Salina Street entrance, enter the Curtin Auditorium for special events. You may also take the elevator in the library down to "A."
- Community groups are welcome to use this facility, and library-sponsored programs such as lectures, receptions and performances are scheduled here. For more information about the use of this facility, please call 435-1900.
Lobby Level [Browse About]:
- The main entrance to the library is located on the second level of The Galleries.
- Specializes in new popular books, feature film videos and DVDs, audiobooks, CDs, magazines
- Central Library MediaBox
- Computers & Internet access is available
- Checkout and library card registration
- [CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION. Please see our Where Do I Find FAQ for Level 3 collection information. ]
- The STAR (Special Technologies and Adaptive Resources) program provides materials and services for disabled individuals.
- The Literacy Resource Center provides information, learning materials and computer programs for adult tutors and students engaged in English As a Second Language and reading instruction. The Pass Computer Lab is used for group Internet and computer training classes.
- Children’s World offers a full range of print and nonprint resources for children, preschool to grade six. Public access computers and software as well as Internet access are available for children in this department.
- Local History/Genealogy is a respected research center with extensive collections on genealogy and local and state history.
- Offices for Onondaga County Public Library personnel and administration are housed here.
Last updated: September 30, 2015